Photos by Krystal Schlegel via IPhone
My intern Krystal and I recently styled and organized this entire closet! I wish we had taken before pictures but let me tell you this looks 100% better! If you are feeling the desire to cleanse your closet here are a few recommendations...
1. Keep the season's clothes where they can be seen! If you have a spare closet or guest closet, keep your other seasons clothes there.
2. Go through each piece in your closet! If you have not worn it in over a year, get rid of it (take it to consignment or give to a friend)... unless it is an expensive treasure piece- keep those forever!
3. Organize clothes by type then by color from lightest to darkest.
4. Keep hangers the same for consistency.
5. Contain yourself- any time container store can help I am in favor! Having an extra rolling rack is great for packing, going through clothes for consignment, and anytime you need extra space.
6. If you are styling outfits together take Polaroids of the entire look.