Everyone asks me how they can make their closet more visually appealing. Well it is simple! Here are the steps & tips:
- First, of course, you must clean out your closet of everything you don't need (either items you don't wear anymore or are not in season)
- Group your clothing based on whether it is a sweater, jean, dress, shirt etc.
- Place these different groupings together on a rack from light to dark (so items can be easily found)
- Shoes are also grouped based on if they are heels, sandals, boots, wedges etc.
- Arrange your shoes, also, from light to dark
NOW it is time to be creative and have fun styling, yes STYLING your closet!
- Display your favorite handbags by hanging them on hooks (I especially love showing off vibrant, colorful bags)
- Hat lover? Line them up on the top shelf of your closet to present them like individual works of art
- Space your hangers evenly to get rid of the cluttered and overwhelming look & transform your closet into a high-end boutique
- I always use clear hangers and make sure I have some with foam and some without for the correct type of clothing
- Have an empty rod in the closet that needs to be filled? Arrange scarves on these by looping them around
- Display your favorite bedazzled, sequin dress on an empty wall of your closet for some extra added visual appeal